About Us
What is a Kitchen Incubator?
What You Need to Grow
About the Kitchen
Consulting Services
Ask Kathrine
Image 1
What You Need to Grow


You need either a pure Product Liability Policy or a General Liability Policy, which includes a lesser amount of Product Liability coverage.

You are required to have a New York State Agriculture & Markets License. This is a license to "manufacture food for retail sale."
Also required is a NYC Food Handlers License.

Knowledge about labeling laws is mandatory.

ACCION, Project Enterprise, Women's Venture Fund, Count-Me-In and Trickle-Up are some micro loan programs to help you.

Business Plan
A formal business plan is required when you are soliciting financing.

To be taken seriously, you need to be able to answer the following:
  1. Who are you? (Describe your product and how it is different from your competition.)
  2. Who is your client base? (Think creatively and make sure that you outreach to all areas.)
  3. Who is your competition and what are they doing?
  4. How much does your product cost you to manufacture, i.e., packaging, labor, rentals, etc.? How much can you sell it for?
  5. Where do you want to be in 2 years?
We recommend that you re-evaluate these questions on a yearly basis.

For best results in printing
the pages on this site,
please print in landscape format.

top of page