You need either a pure Product Liability Policy or a General Liability Policy, which includes a lesser amount of Product Liability coverage.
You are required to have a New York State Agriculture & Markets License. This is a license to "manufacture food for retail sale."
Also required is a NYC Food Handlers License.
Knowledge about labeling laws is mandatory.
ACCION, Project Enterprise, Women's Venture Fund, Count-Me-In and Trickle-Up are some micro loan programs to help you.
A formal business plan is required when you are soliciting financing.
To be taken seriously, you need to be able to answer the following:
We recommend that you re-evaluate these questions on a yearly basis.
- Who are you? (Describe your product and how it is different from your competition.)
- Who is your client base? (Think creatively and make sure that you outreach to all areas.)
- Who is your competition and what are they doing?
- How much does your product cost you to manufacture, i.e., packaging, labor, rentals, etc.? How much can you sell it for?
- Where do you want to be in 2 years?
For best results in printing
the pages on this site,
please print in landscape format.
top of page